Thursday 23 September 2010

In memory of Oscar Wilde

(Photograph courtesy of: www.poetseers.org)


It is 110 years since Oscar Wilde passed into the wilderness of eternity. His wit remains though - as relevant and irrevarant. I love Oscar Wilde's plays and his quotes leave me with a HUGE smile. Here are a few quotes - guaranteed to bring a smile to the reader's face :-D

35 is a very attractive age: London society is full of women who have of their own free choice, remained 35 for years
________________________

I like men who have a future
and women who have a past
_________________________

If a man is a gentleman,
he knows quite enough, and
if he is not a gentleman,
whatever he knows is likely
to be bad for him
__________________________

I sometimes think
that God, in creating man,
rather over estimated
His ability.
__________________________

A little sincerity is
a dangerous thing,
and a great deal of it is
absolutely fatal
___________________________

Work is
the curse of
the drinking
classes.

2 comments:

  1. love this! Congratulations!
    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats !!!! way to go...I pen down my random thoughts in my diary regularly and I know the essence of creating a blog for those random thoughts....
    Will look forward to more posts....
    -Ranjani

    ReplyDelete