Tuesday 12 October 2010

These are few of my favourite songs...

Sound of Silence - this classic from Simon & Garfunkel makes my insides go mushy. I love the composition, the lyric and the voices of Simon & Garfunkel. This song was used beautifully in the movie 'The Graduate' starring Dustin Hoffman - sometime in the late 1960s. Listen to it here!

Dancing in the dark - beautiful number from Bruce Springsteen, The Boss! The video also marked the debut of Courtney Cox, who later became famous as Monica on Friends. When I first heard this song as a 16 year old, I had goosebumps thanks to Springsteen's gravelly voice and his groovy looks. Even today when I hear this song, I go back to that time and feel like a 16 year old all over again. Talk about anchoring! Click here to listen and watch and be transported.

Time of my life - "nobody puts baby in a corner", has become a famous line. Girls swooned when this scene came on and this song that followed was a huge chart buster. I love it, for the energy, the romance and the old world feel. It also signifies - to me - that for the first time, Baby is ready to put her trust fully in Johnny. Great dancing, wonderful singing and an overall great frame. Listen here!

One Last Breath - my friend Tom introduced this song to me and I love it. The energy, the feeling and depth of emotion always sways me. I can't say I have heard anything else from this group called Creed and I am more than happy for listeners / readers of this post to share more. One Last Breath...

Killing me softly - this song has become more popular with today's youth, thanks to a remix by The Fugees. I find the Frank Sinatra infinitely more appealing. There is so much emotion in his version and his voice - yummy! Killing me softly with her song!

4 comments:

  1. And which one of these does Asha render for her friends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of them, my friend, all of them! Asha renders all the songs she L.O.V.E.S for her friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet choice, Ash. Must thank Varsha for the reminder that it's ages since I've heard you sing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soon Geetli! Very soon :-)

    ReplyDelete